Stop PS5 from Randomly Shutting Down: Here Are the Fixes
Numerous PS5 users are reporting that the gaming console is turning off regularly. Also, they are saying that the PS5 switched off in the middle of the game. This issue spoils the whole gaming experience and if you are getting the same, here are some effective solutions to solve this frustrating issue on PS5.
Update the Firmware through UI
To update the firmware through UI, follow these on-screen step by step directions given below:
- Get started by holding the PS key on the PS5 controller to show the menu bar on the screen’s lower side.
- Thereafter, reach the lower sidebar of the display and choose the ‘Downloads & Uploads’ option.
- In the menu of Downloads / Updates, click on the ‘Downloads / Copies’ option and pick the ‘Update System Software’ option via the right-side menu.
- Jump to the following menu, select the ‘Update; option and verify the process and wait until the latest version of the update.
- After finishing the process, the console will pop up to reboot. As mentioned, check whether the problem is solved at the next PC startup and look at whether you are still facing the issue.
Update the Console through USB Drive
To update the console through a USB drive, follow these on-screen step by step directions given below:
- Get begun by launching the File Explorer using the Win and E shortcut key simultaneously on your keyboard.
- After that, select the USB drive you would like to use, right-click on it, and then pick the Format option.
- After going in the Format menu, adjust the file system to FAT32 and set the Allocation unit size to 4096 bytes.
- Thereafter, tick the related box with Quick Format prior to selecting the Start button to format your storage drive and modify its file system.
- Then enter the FAT32 drive and make a new folder named PS5 inside.
- You should twice click on the freshly made folder and make another folder inside named UPDATE.
- Later, invoke the standard browser and go to the system software update page of PS5.
- Now, move down to the ‘Download an update file for a PS5 console’ option and hit the ‘PS5 update file.
- Once finished the download method, input the PS5 Update.PUP file in the folder of UPDATE.
10.Once copied the PS5 update file on the USB storage device, connect it to the PS5 console.
11.Now, boot the PS5 console in Safe Mode by holding the power key and leaving it once you hear the second beep.
12.Select the ‘Update System Software’ option in the Safe Mode menu.
13.Later, select the ‘Update from USB Storage Device’ option and hit the OK button to verify the process.
14.You have to wait until the PC validates the integrity of the updated files and installs it on the existing operating system.
15.Finally, reboot the console and utilize it usually to check whether the exact random shutdowns are still happening.
Turn off the Rest Mode
To turn off the rest mode, follow these on-screen step by step directions given below:
- Go to the primary dashboard menu of the PS5 console and select the Settings option on the screen’s upper right side.
- After going to the Settings menu, select the System option.
- Then choose the ‘Power Saving; option via the vertical menu over the left menu.
- You should go to the right side and enter the ‘Set Time Until PS5 Enters Rest mode menu’ option.
- Later, adjust the pull-down menu of the ‘During Media Playback’ option and then While Playing Games to Don’t Put in Rest Mode.
- Finally, back to the earlier menus to store the modifications, then utilize the console usually and check whether the issue is solved.