Everything About Setting Up Chromecast With A Phone
Are you looking for ways to set up your new Chromecast? You have reached your right destination. This post will help you learn how to set up a new Chromecast with your mobile phone. This post may also be helpful if you want to reconnect your existing Chromecast device. So, let’s see how you can set up Chromecast with your TV using a phone.
Setting up Chromecast
To start using your Chromecast, you will need to plug it with the HDMI input of your TV and with a USB port. Also, change the channel of the TV to connect to the Chromecast device. Before getting started in the process, we will see the need for your mobile phone in the setup.
- Go to the Google Play Store or the App Store and download the Google Home Android app on your device based on the OS type.
- Launch the app and log in through your Google account and follow the provided guidelines.
- You will have access to the main page after completing the initial setup. Now hit on Add and then click on the option called Set up devices. After that, hit on the Set up new devices to find your Chromecast device.
- Choose the Google account you want to use with the Chromecast. Let the app access your location and finally hit OK.
- Now the app will detect the Chromecast. Once you find it on the app, click on the Next.
Follow these some more steps required for the TV and the app.
- You may find a code on the TV to confirm the connection between Chromecast and the app. After doing it, hit Yes.
- Choose Yes, I’m in if you want to provide device stats and crash reports to Google. If not, choose No thanks.
- Now pick a room from your home or add a new one through the Add custom room.
- Select a Wi-Fi network using the option called Set Network.
- Let the Chromecast complete software updates, if any.
- Your Chromecast device will launch. Now you are all set to use it on your TV.
Setting up Chromecast with Google TV using a phone
First, to set up Chromecast with Google TV, plug it with the TV’s HDMI port and a power outlet. Now start your TV and swap it over that HDMI source where the Chromecast is connected to.
- Connect your smartphone with the same Wi-Fi network to which your TV and Chromecast is connected to.
- Now install the Google Home Android app from the respective application store based on your device type.
- Launch the app and login with your Google account, and follow the other directions.
- Now hit on Add and then on Set up devices. Finally, click on Set up new devices to find your Chromecast.
- Scan the QR code from the TV’s screen using your phone to connect the device.
- Use the other directions to complete the setup of Chromecast and Google TV.
Setting up the remote
Usually, the remote gets set up automatically but if it doesn’t set up for any reason, here are the steps to set it up.
- You will find Control volume and power with your Chromecast remote.
- Choose Set up remote.
- Find and choose the device’s band used to play a sound to prepare the volume button.
- Confirm the audio device, including TV or speakers, and hit Next.
- While hearing music, use the remote to control volume.
- If you want to change the volume worked, choose Yes or No, try again.
- If you want to prepare the input button, point out using the remote towards the TV and then try to change input methods; after that, return to the input source where Chromecast is linked with.
After completing these steps, you will see a message like Chromecast remote is ready on the screen.